What is Woman's Missionary Union (WMU)?
Founded in 1888, the main purpose of WMU is to educate and involve preschoolers, children, youth, and adults in the cause of Christian missions.
What are the objectives of WMU?
- Pray for missions.
- Engage in mission action and witnessing.
- Learn about missions.
- Support missions.
- Develop spiritually toward a missions lifestyle.
- Participate in the work of the church and the denomination.
What does WMU look like at Riverside?
Riverside has two active WMU groups: the Marie Collins Circle and the Crass-Henry Circle. Each group meets monthly to discuss and organize local mission projects. These mission projects include:
- Give-Away Days
- Providing meals for the Baptist Collegiate Ministry Luncheon
- School Backpack Give-Away
- Mission Offerings (Annie Armstrong, Lottie Moon, and Golden Offering)
- Prison Bags at Christmas
- Numerous Other Benevolent Needs
The goal of each group is to reach those in need and share our love of Christ. Please feel free to join one of our groups and help us spread God's love in our community.
The Crass-Henry Circle meets the second Tuesday of every month at 1:30 p.m. at the church.
The Marie Collins Circle meets the second Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. at the church.